Join Shirley Boerssen, director of Hypopressives South Africa and a founding member of the International Hypopressives Council, responsible for training professionals in this revolutionary method.
The Hypopressives Training Method is a rhythmic breathing pattern set to specific poses and postures and together this retrains and resets the deep core system. The deep core system consists out of abdominal and back muscles, the diaphragm and the pelvic floor muscles and one of its core functions is to support you in and during all movement.
This method combines postural retraining and alignment, breath work and core retraining with neurodynamic techniques and myofascial release work. It is known to balance intra-abdominal pressure so pressure can be appropriately managed during movement and breathing and so prevent, maintain and improve injuries safely.
Applications & Benefits
Some applications of hypopressive exercise include:
- Correction of postural mal-alignments and back pain
- Learning proper breathing techniques
- Enhancing pelvic and core health
- Re-positioning of pelvic organs to prevent or rehabilitate prolapse
- Prevention and/or rehabilitation from incontinence
- Increase core pre-activation and co-activation
- Visceral decongestion
- Promotion of healing of diastasis recti
- Decrease in the waistline circumference
- Increase in intestinal function
- Prevention of haemorrhoids
- Increase in respiratory capacity
- Enhancement of athletic performance
- Enhancement of sexual function
- Prevention of herniations (abdominal, inguinal, vertebral disk)
- Prostate health
- Use in preparation prior to surgery and post-surgical rehabilitative therapy
This retreat will focus on:
- Core and pelvic floor education
- educating participants on the method-the origins, the how and why
- learning the Hypopressives breathing method
- basic assessment of the student/participant’s posture
- learning the technical points of alignment
- learning the poses and a basic sequence
We will complete the foundational work as a beginner phase so the student will be able to practise the sequence and flow afterwards to improve and maintain all benefits gained.
To learn more please follow Facebook:
The Venue: Kogman and Keisie
The Kogman and Keisie team will look after your every need during the course of the weekend. You will receive healthy and hearty meals, including refreshments and snacks between sessions. Accommodation includes spacious and comfortable rooms in the Guesthouse or rooms in the self-catering cottage set on our working organic farm. The farm provides unique opportunities for workshop sessions and intimate gatherings over great food. All movement sessions will happen in our Greenhouse or in other spaces on the farm. The weekend will also include a medicinal plan walk in the Montagu Mountain Nature Reserve.
Partners that will not be attending the movement sessions will have numerous activities to occupy their time, be it hiking the mountains behind the farm, exploring the town or just lounging around the pools with a good book.
14:00 to 16:00pm: check in
16:00 to 16:30 Meet & greet, welcome introduction
17:00 to 18:00 First Session & Talk
19:00 Light Dinner at Kogman & Keisie on the Patio
07:00 Coffee / tea with rusks on the Patio
7:15 to 8:30 Mountain Walk with Medicinal Fynbos ID
8:30 to 9:30 Light Breakfast
9:30 – 11:00 Second Session
11:00 – 14:00 Self Time / Market with bicycles
14:00 to 15:30 Third Session
15:30 to 16:30 Tea with treats
16:30 to 18:00 Fourth Session
19:00 Dinner at 22 Church (own account)
06:30 Coffee / tea with rusks on the Patio
7:00 to 8:30 Morning Yoga Session
8:30 to 9:30 Light Breakfast
9:30 – 11:00 Fifth Session
11:30 – 13:00 High Tea
13:00 to 14:00 Closure Session and talk around the Swimming Pool
The timetable presents an estimate of all activities, but please make sure to be on time Friday for the welcome.
Per Person Sharing: R3250 for workshop participant, R2150 for non-participant, including meals.
Single Participant: R3950 for the entire weekend
Local Participant: R1750 for entire workshop, including meals and snacks
Full payment is required to secure your booking.
3 Day Hypopressives Course Retreat
Meals as per timetable
Accommodation (for packages that includes the accommodation)
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make a booking.
Full Payment within 48 hours will secure your booking.
No cancellations will be refunded after 20 September 2021.